It’s time for another challenge, but don’t worry, this one is meant to challenge your mind, not your body! What?!?
20 DAY WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE
Obesity is not a disease. It’s a first world issue. Diseases can affect anyone. In fact, I’ll prove it to you. Actually, and even better, you’re going to prove it to yourself. We’re going to spend the next 20 days, starting today, changing our way of thinking about first world food choices. Why today? Why not? Why wait for a special occasion or some other special date? It’s all an excuse.
Make the choice right now. If you choose to accept this challenge, keep reading. If not, well, obviously you’ve read this far for a reason, so suck it up buttercup and commit to the challenge.
All we’re going to do is change a few of our eating habits for the next 20 days and measure the results.
- Weigh yourself every morning and track your weight/bodyfat and take photos of yourself every 5 days – It’s imperative to track your tangible stats and be accountable to at least yourself.
- Do not drink soda – Drinking soda adds empty calories to your diet that can add to your waistline. If you have a 2 soda a day habit, that is the equivalent of 102,200 calories or approximately 30 lbs in a year.
- Choose healthy low calorie snacks – When you find yourself getting hungry between meals, reach for something healthy like a nice green veggie instead of cakes and cookies.
- Portion control – Cutting back on the amount of food you are eating and monitoring the number of calories you are consuming is essential for weight loss. Believe it or not, you’ll probably end up with portions about half of what you are eating now, but more meals throughout the day.
- Consume eight or more glasses of water daily – In order to cleanse the body of toxins and keep your digestive system functioning at peak capacity you need to drink lots of water. Not only does water cleanse our system, it can also help you cut back on calories because if drinking all throughout the day, it will help you stay full and help reduce the desire to snack. This calorie free beverage is the ideal replacement for high calorie and sweet drinks like soda.
- Use the stairs – Many times we jump on the elevator without giving it a second thought. Next time, why not take the stairs. Taking the stairs may not be a high intensity workout but it will help you burn some additional calories. Simple little changes like this can have a long and lasting positive on your health and your waistline.
There will be limited results to this challenge. By limited, I mean that you will always have better results by combining nutrition with proper sleep and exercise, but I’ve always preached that nutrition is the single most important aspect of this trifecta. Now you will believe it too.
Want to try something new – here is the 24 day challenge bundle from Advocare.