“OMG these are good, Steph.” I said, completely overwhelmed with emotion on my last day at TAG Idea Revolution. You wouldn’t have known it had you worked with me. I had always been the full wall of professionalism in all I did. Well, ok, maybe I had started out that way and slowly devolved to half wall with many of my coworkers, but still I was known for my black and white view on things, my adherence and love of process, and my professionalism. That, and causal Friday Superman TShirts.
“I’m glad you like them.” Steph replied, beaming from ear to ear with her beautiful smile. Steph was our resident baker. She made the most incredible baked goods you could fathom. They were an orgasm for all your senses, not just taste, though even to taste something she had made was heavenly. It was a rare treat for me as I was always on a nutrition program of some sort and could not indulge in most of the things she made. It was particularly bittersweet that she had made these for me as a goodbye present.
Thinking back on the good times at TAG, I find my eyes starting to leak at the thought of friends left behind, of genuinely good people, of a piece of me I will never forget and always cherish. Yeah, leaking eyes. Excuse me. I need to go deal with that.
SUPER AWESOME HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP GOODBYE COOKIES FOR MARCUS
THE SECRET INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/4 cups chickpeas
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup natural honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 bag dark chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 F and prepare parchment lined sheet pan.
- Put everything except the chocolate into the food processor and blend until super smooth.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Measure 1/8 cup dough and drop onto prepared sheet pan, pressing down on the domes for a cookie shape.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Eat immediately or reheat cookies in microwave for melty goodness.