Another cookie recipe. I had a weakness for cookies. Being fit had never been about denying myself. What kind of masochist did people think I was? No, a healthy lifestyle was about enjoying foods to their fullest, but in a natural way, minimizing the additives, preservatives and other toxins that entered my body.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 2 Tablespoons golden flax meal
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¾ cups + 2 tbsp (188 grams) room temperature probiotic margine
- 1 ½ cups natural cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons mole asses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (75% or darker)
- Preheat your oven to 350F (177C). In a small bowl whisk together the flax meal and the water. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes so the mixture thickens. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the flax meal mixture from step 1 followed by the mole asses and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture from Step 2 and mix until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into 1 ½ inch balls. Place them on the cookie sheet so they’re spaced about 2 to 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through the baking duration. These cookies will not turn golden as they bake so it’s important to pay attention to the baking time. Cookies will store in an air tight container at room temperature for about one week or in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to six months.
Makes about 22 to 24 cookies.