However, thanks to some recommendations from friends of the recent past, I managed to get new parts ordered, assembled, reformatted, reinstalled, tweaked, and back online in under a week. Not bad for this old man.
NEW RIG INGREDIENTS
- Intel i7 4770k CPU
- 32 Gb Corsair Vengeance 100 RAM
- Corsair Water Cooling system
- Corsair Obsidian Series 650D
- Samsung 256 SSD
- 4x 500 Gb HDD
- 2 Tb NAS
- 2 Tb personal dropbox
- Order parts
- Fight with inept shipping companies until all parts are finally in hand
- Take to an expert to save time
- Fight with inept tech person for four days (extra profanities and screaming optional)
- Take machine back, refuse to pay inept tech person
- Spend an entire day and night until 3 AM doing it yourself
The render above took nearly 3 hours on my old rig and is a single frame. On my new rig it took 42 seconds. I liked that so much I decided to do an animation!
Slick. Look forward to MUCH more on the 3D front in 2014.