“You won’t post it. It’s not healthy.” she said. I immediately thought back to things like the Stuffed Camel recipe. That wasn’t exactly healthy either, but what a night that turned out to be.
“It doesn’t always have to be about good health. Some people enjoy cheat meals.” I replied.
“Not you. You’re too disciplined for that.” she rebutted without hesitation. She was right. Discipline was definitely the facade I maintained to others. The truth was fear. I knew that if I indulged even once that my willpower would cave and I would eat everything in sight. I had convinced my brain ages ago it was simply easier to not indulge at all.
“It’s a nice looking cobbler. They’ll thank you for it.” I smirked, knowing she hated any type of spotlight whatsoever.
“We’ll see.” she smirked back, a slight smolder in her eyes.
QUICKIE BERRY COBBLER
- Two 12-oz bags frozen mixed berries (or frozen peaches)
- 1 box white cake mix (no pudding)
- 1 can of diet 7-up or sierra mist (clear soda)
- Place frozen fruit in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Add dry cake mix over the top.
- Pour soda slowly over cake mix. DO NOT stir the cake mix and the pop – this will give you a ‘crust’. If you stir the two, you will have a cake like topping.
- Bake 350 for 45-50 min.
Serves 16. 4 PointsPlus on the Weight Watchers program.