So many things in this life are subjective.
It wasn’t too long ago I was enjoying some downtime on a lowsec terrestrial world. This particular world was only about 30% water based which left for a thin atmosphere and given its far proximity from the system’s sun, most natural water bodies were frozen most of the year.
One evening I paid an unbelievable amount of ISK for a local delicacy, something I would’ve paid ten times less for on a more bountiful planet. Supply and demand at its best. I only hoped it tasted worth the price.
SPICY LOBSTER SOUP
- 2 lobster tails, cooked *
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian Blend
- 4 cups fish or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 1/3 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 thai or bird chile, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Garnishes: fresh cilantro, lime wedge
- Remove lobster meat from shell; slice and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in Asian Blend; saute 1 minute.
- Add broth and lime rind; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Stir in lobster, green onion, chile, and cilantro; cook 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice.
- Garnish, if desired.
* 3/4 pound peeled and deveined shrimp may be substituted for lobster.