Recently I had the wonderful opportunity to share my story with CNN. This is a highlight of motivation for me. If I wasn’t accountable enough before, I certainly am now. You can read the full story HERE.
Take from it what you will. Am I crazy? Maybe. Am I inspiring? I hope so. Am I just another guy trying to improve his life? You betcha.
Without sounding like I’ve won an Oscar, there are a few people I need to thank:
- My loving wife, Farah Iqbal, for her continued support and encouragement, and for keeping me grounded. Baby, without you nothing I do matters.
- Steve McGeachy of Strength N U, my first trainer, and me, his first client. Steve helped me overcome myself, motivated me to be more, has never given up on me to this day, and continues to inspire with all he accomplishes.
- My fans, family, friends and coworkers. There have been those that doubt, those that ridicule, those that support and encourage, but it all continues to make me push myself harder. I hope now you’ll believe me when I say anyone can accomplish anything if they put their will to it.
- Matthew Orlando for the wonderful photography and for teaching me how to pose at all.
- Ned Coker and CCP games for always being supportive of all my endeavours as Roc and as Marcus. Ned, you’ve become a real friend, and I look forward to continued good things between us.
- Jacque Wilson for this opportunity and for writing this story.
- Roc Wieler for giving me an outlet to express myself, to fantasize about being more than I am, for setting the physical example of what I want to be, and despite being such a “man”, for always knowing how to treat the ladies right and with respect. I’ve learned a lot about myself from you. Fly strong, Colonel.
Honestly, like I said, if I can do it, you can do it. Never doubt yourself. Never stop believing in yourself. You are the most unstoppable force in your life. You are are awesome. Start acting like it.