Pasta can be good, given the right time of day, the right type of pasta, the right portion. But there are times when pasta is just deadly to your fitness efforts. Still, the craving can be overwhelming. I’m not about denying anyone anything if there isn’t a legitimate reason to do so.
- 3 zucchini, julienned
- 2 carrots, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned white beans, mashed
- 2-3 oz. goat cheese
- 1 handful basil, shredded
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Julienne zucchini and sprinkle with salt.
- Wrap the zucchini up in paper towels and place a weighted object on top of them. The goal is to get as much of the moisture out of them as possible. Let them stand while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Mince carrot and garlic. Mix together.
- In a bowl, mash up the white beans.
- Combine the carrot and garlic with the mashed white beans. Combine well.
- Place zucchini in a pot of boiling salted water for 1-2 minutes.
- While the “pasta” is hot, mix in the goat cheese, basil, and carrot/garlic/bean mixture. Toss lightly to combine.
Serve and enjoy!