Tis the season to be jolly … fa la la la, la la la la. Don we now our …. well, you know the rest.
It’s that time of year again, pilots, when we become more selfish and greedy than usual, all in the name of a festive spirit. Ah, the joy that is Christmas!
So the powers that be at CCP and myself got to thinking, “What is something that every Jovian fearing pod pilot would want for Christmas?” We wracked and wracked our brains over egg nog, rum, and Christmas cookies, until finally we realized the answer!!!
I want you to tell the universe why you deserve to get into Fanfest for free. In a video. Publicly.
Well, if it’s not evident yet, the prize is a FREE ticket into Fanfest (prize does not include airfare, accommodation, meals, gallente dancers or anything other than the ability to walk in the door at Fanfest for free).***
You will also receive a FREE pass to “Pub Crawl with the Devs”, a lavish tradition of Fanfest that will be all the better with you a part of it.
Finally, you will receive a $50 iTunes gift card (or Amazon if you’re an Apple hater) from me personally. Who knows? You may even use it to buy my three EVE Online related CDs: Bio, One Night of Roc, and Mendre!
Additionally, but not guaranteed, it is my hope that in the fine tradition of Roc ‘s Ramblings contests, my readers and the EVE community will donate prizes throughout the month for our winner.
*** If the winner is unable to attend Fanfest they will receive a $100 US Gift Card at the EVE Online store as their prize.
- The CCP/Roc Christmas Contest will begin Dec 1, 2010, 9 AM EST and will finish Dec 31, 2010, 9 PM EST.
- All entries must be accompanied by the full real name of the contestant as well as their physical address, email address and phone number. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for privacy reasons.
- Former and present employees of CCP or affiliates including contractors may not enter.
- Applicants may submit no more than one entry. If an entry needs to be updated only the most recent submission will be judged.
- Judging will be based on humour, creativity, effort and relevance to the contest. Entries that are obscene or against the spirit of the competition will be disqualified.
- Entries must be uploaded to a publicly accessible site for download like Rapidshare or EVE Files. Feel free to share your entry on YouTube but please provide access to a downloadable version.
- All entries become the property of CCP and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Submission of an entry for this contest constitutes acceptance of these rules and conditions.
- CCP reserves the right to change the final prize terms.
- The judge’s and CCP’s decision is final.
The winner will be announced in this spot on Jan 31st, 2011, at 9 PM after I’ve had a chance to thoroughly review all entries.