For those planets with “less than temperate” climates, I’ve often found that my crews because increasingly irritable, lazy, and whine and complain about anything put in front of them to eat. I mean, who doesn’t enjoy flavoured shaved ice in a balmy 73 degrees kelvin? Some people.
I’ve always been a sensitive soul, so I listened. Warm, easy, packed full of protein, carbs and healthy fats all in one glorious little package, this winter breakfast is sure to please even the most fussy. If not, the airlock might.
- 1 avocado (or more depending on how many you’re serving)
- 2 eggs
- Goat cheese crumbles
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Optional: You can garnish the egg with anything healthy you want. Basil is a good place to start.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop out a little of the avocado from the center to make a little additional space for the egg.
- Place avocados in a cast iron skillet. (A baking pan works as well if you don’t have a cast iron skillet).
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. Depending on the size of your eggs, some of the egg white may spill out into the skillet.
- Bake at 425 F for 20 minutes. This results in the eggs being well done, if you like your eggs a little runnier, reduce the time.
- Top with parsley, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.