“What is that?” she asked as I was about to start my breakfast.
“Hmmm?” I responded only half awake.
“You’re eating ice cream for breakfast?” she continued, sounding shocked and disappointed.
“Uh, no.” I said flatly, letting her have a closer look at the bowl.
- Liberte Greek Style plain protein yogurt
- Silk True Almond dark chocolate almond milk
- Kashi Go Lean cereal
- grapes, berries, other fruit (optional)
- Pour a measured amount of cereal into a bowl. How much is based on your caloric intake for the entire meal. For me this equates to one cup of cereal.
- Spoon a measured amount of yogurt on top of cereal. For me this is one cup of yogurt.
- Pour a measured amount of milk on top of yogurt for that “chocolate syrup” look. This is 8 fl oz for me.
I know it’s not really a recipe but it amazes me how many people thinking eating healthy is some type of colossal effort. Did I mention I also eat 90% dark chocolate at least twice per day? Who needs desserts or cheat days when I eat such fantastic foods already?
Ha. Yoghurt and Cereal have been my go-to breakfast for decades! *smug*
But is it healthy cereal and yogurt, lil Miss Smug?