Whether planet bound or capsule bound, sometimes we all need a little sunshine in our lives. Suns have long been know to be a key factor in the sustaining of life; their rich energies bathe us in cosmic warmth. Of course, sometimes it’s fun to cripple a ship and watch as the immense heat and gravitational pull of a system star completely devour our enemies, but that’s a story for another time.
- 1/4 cup of brown rice
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded (you can do this in your food processor before processing the sunflower seeds)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- Rinse rice. In a small saucepan, bring water to boil.
- Add rice, cover, and cook according to directions.
- When rice is done cooking, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using your food processor, pulse sunflower seeds about 10 times, just enough to break the kernels up.
- Add brown rice, carrots, garlic and salt. Alternate between pulsing and processing every 10 seconds until mixture begins to clump together. The key is that you want to keep the texture, but they also need to hold together.
- Form mixture into patties.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Makes three patties.