“That’s a mouthful.” I say, biting into the delicious burger. That’s what she said, I think in the back of my mind.
There are some good things to be said about unemployment: I’ve had more time for exercise, video games, baking, cooking, household chores, you name it. With today’s technologies it doesn’t take long to apply for a dozen new jobs every morning, and as I’m an early go-getter type, I’m done my job searching by 9 AM.
That leaves me a lot of time to experiment … that’s what she said.
Bison Burgers with Gorgonzola Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 pound ground bison
- 2-3 ounces of gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- Pepper to taste
- Whole-grain hamburger buns
- Combine cheese, tomatoes, garlic and spices in a bowl.
- Add bison and lightly mix the ingredients together.
- Form the meat into even-sized patties.
- Place burgers on a pre-heated grill and cook for about 4 minutes per side over medium heat or until an internal temperature of 160°F is reached.
- Serve on buns and try garnishing with fiery Dijon mustard.
Makes 4 to 6 patties
An incredibly satisfying meal. That’s what she said. Oh grow up.
“Oh grow up.”
THAT’s what she said. Admit it. 🙂