It’s important to treat yourself. No, I don’t mean pizza cones, or bacon turtle burgers; geez you guys jump at the chance to throw away all your hard work.
It’s important to treat yourself AND still make wise eating choices.
Caprese Arugula Salad
- 3 vine-ripe tomatoes, 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, 1/4-inch thick slices
- 20 to 30 leaves (about 1 bunch) fresh basil
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 150 grams arugula
- Coarse salt and pepper
- Stack alternating slices of tomatoes and mozzarella, adding a basil leaf and a pinch of arugula between each, on a bowl or plate.
- Drizzle the salad with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt(I use Mrs. Dash salt free seasoning) and pepper , to taste.
It’s delicious, fun to make, fun to eat, and very filling. Not as healthy as your every day eating, but still pretty damn healthy for an occasional treat.
Perfect and light for the summer months. Enjoy!
Also note you can swap out the mozzarella for tofu slices, if you’re so inclined.
I’ve been making a similar salad for years, usually dicing and mixing it in a bowl with Grilled Chicken or Crab. I also tend to add a touch of Balsamic Vinegar with the oil for a touch more flavor.
It looks so yummy! Can you make this for me? lol
This is one of the things I’ve learned to make during my diet. And it’s so damn good. Quick to prepare, delicious and healthy. Who needs fast food when you can have this when time it short or you’re feeling too tired to cook a proper meal.