Welcome to the fourteenth installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!
The first banter of 2010 comes to us from the EVE Blog Father, CrazyKinux himself, who asks the following: As we begin another year in New Eden, ask yourselves “What Now?” What will I attempt next? What haven’t I done so far in EVE? Was it out fear, funds, or knowledge? Have I always wanted to start my own corporation, but have never dared doing so? Is there a fledging mercenary waiting to come out of its shell? Or maybe an Industrialist? What steps and objectives will I set myself to accomplish in order to reach my ultimate goal for this year? EVE is what you make of it. So, what is it going to be for you?
Well after writing a 2500 word post for this months’ blog banter, WordPress decided to log me out, and upon going back, my new post was empty and not auto-saved. I couldn’t be arsed into trying to rewrite it either, which is a shame, as it was actually a really good in character post with a nice dream sequence of large breasted Hellcats and Empress Sarum Jamyl I. Maleatu was in the post, as was PyjamaSam; even Lady Grey got mention. There was roundabout talk of the adventures of my business advisor and her new plans of setting up a high sec research lab, as well as the continually dropping financial status of my assets. Finally had some revelation while talking to myself in the mirror, realizing the decisions I had been struggling with recently were already made in my heart the moment the question arose. and once I quit rationalizing to myself I would take action.
That was nowhere near as entertaining as my original post. Damn you WordPress!
So what is Eve Online going to be for me this year? Very interesting; very interesting indeed. I truly hope you stay tuned.
List of Participants:
- CrazyKinux’s Musing – A beginning is a very delicate time…
- The Wandering Druid of Tranquility – Words, words, words…
- My God It’s Full of Stars – What Now?
- The Elitist – Plans for 112yc
- Into the unknown with gun and camera – Show me the money
- Ecliptic Rift – Enabling the future
- Inanity and Doom – New Year’s Resolutions, New Eden Style
- Break Vol – Blog Banter #14
- Guns Ablaze – What Now?
- Adventures in Mission Running – The Way Forward
- Diary of a Pod Pilot – Things I want to do
- Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah – The Year That Will Be
- Roc’s Ramblings – WordPress ate my blog
- Vive Virtual – Frontier Living
- A Mule in EVE – Next on the chopping block
- Prano’s Journey – I Peer Into My Crystal Pod…
- Life in Low Sec – Expanding the Franchise
- The Light of Stars – Testing the claims of CCP
- A Memoir From Space – A New Direction
- The Chronofile – Blog Banter 2010
- FlashFresh – What now for Flash?
- EVE Opportunist – Fyreite in 112
- Mike Azariah – Jiorj
- Yarrbear Tales – Year in Review
- The Independant Analyst – The Year Ahead
- The Travels of Black Claw – Where am I going?
- Warp Scrammed – What to do this year
- Sered’s Lives – Searching for directions in 2010
- Finders & Keepers – New Tears, Same Great Taste
- More to come…