Ok, here’s the program I did for the first six weeks of this challenge. It’s 4 days per week, so it’s quite manageable. It’s short duration, and it’s hard. Every day is a full body workout – 2 strength workouts, 2 volume workouts. Strength workouts will help you develop the strength needed to lift heavier. Volume workouts are all about making the muscles look pretty.
Please make sure to employ a dynamic warm up before every workout. Additionally, if you’re looking to release weight, do your cardio first. If you’re looking to gain muscle mass, do your cardio after.
CARDIO = 15 MINUTES WALKING STAIRS (I did level 6)
MONDAY – STRENGTH PULL (80% of your max weight) 4 SETS 3 REPS
- Deadlift – (2 MIN REST)one of the best exercises there is, and also one of the most risky and complex if you’re unfamiliar with it. Start light. Get the form correct.
- Assisted Bicep Curl – (1 MIN REST) EZ Curl bar, but lean slightly against a wall (not shown in video). Make sure your shoulders, elbows and butt stay against the wall the entire time.
- Cable Lat Pulldown or Wide Grip Pull-ups (1 MIN REST)
- Stiff Leg Deadlift – (1 MIN REST) again, a great exercise. It will stretch you. Be very careful with form.
- Weighted Crunch – 4 sets, 10 reps – (1 MIN REST) I use barbell plates for this, but you can use anything really
TUESDAY – STRENGTH PUSH (80% of your max weight) 4 SETS 3 REPS
- Front Barbell Squat – (minimal wrist flexibility) (2 MIN REST) another tremendous compound exercise. Focus on form before weight
- Incline Bench Press (1MIN REST)
- Standing Overhead Press – (1 MIN REST) Use a barbell
- Triceps Dip – (assisted if needed) (1 MIN REST)
- Calf Press on the leg machine – 4 sets, 10 reps (1 MIN REST)
THURSDAY – VOLUME PULL (40% of your max weight) 2 SETS 12+ REPS
On strength days we only do the 3 reps. They are HEAVY and already hard. On volume days, the weight is less so we can do more reps. The minimum is 12. Do each set to fail. If you find yourself able to do more than 20 reps of an exercise, increase the weight next time.
- Romanian Deadlift – (2 MIN REST) again, make sure you have the form first
- Reverse EZ Curl – (1 MIN REST) focus on not swinging, and not bending the wrists
- Barbell Row (1 MIN REST)
- Seated Leg Curl (1 MIN REST)
- Dumbbell Shrug (1 MIN REST)
- Rear Delt Fly (go light) (1 MIN REST)
- Hanging Leg Raise (leg raise if hanging not possible) 4 sets, 10 reps (1 MIN REST)
FRIDAY – VOLUME PUSH (40% of your max weight) 2 SETS OF 12+ REPS
- Leg Press (2 MIN REST)
- Bulgarian Squat (NO REST as you are alternating legs)
- Dumbbell Floor Press (elbows in) (1 MIN REST)
- Cable Fly (1 MIN REST)
- Cable Triceps Extension (1 MIN REST)
- Cable Side Lateral Raise (1 MIN REST)
- Overhead Dumbbell Shrug (1 MIN REST)
- Machine Seated Calf Raise (1 MIN REST) 4 sets, 10 reps
After your first 6 weeks of this program, you may want to change it up. Sure, you’re adding weight to every workout already, but this will really help you focus in on developing your arms, and the extra burn makes everything good.
MONDAY/THURSDAY – BICEP BLASTER
- Bicep Curl with EZ Bar – 4 sets, 10 reps, 1 min rest
- Incline DB Curl – 3 sets, 10 reps, 1 min rest
- Incline DB Curl – 1 set, fail, last weight – 50%
- Hammer Curl – 3 sets, 12 reps, 1 min rest
- High Cable Bicep Curl – 2 sets, 30 reps, 1 min rest
TUESDAY/FRIDAY – TOWERING TRICEPS
- Cable Triceps Pushdown – 10 sets, 15 reps, 30 sec rest
- Triceps Skull Crushers – 10 sets, 15 reps, 30 sec rest
If you’re ready to commit and join me on this transformation, comment your commitment below. And don’t forget to join our Facebook group, Way of the Brutor, where we have a professional nutritionist, fitness coach, and competition bodybuilder as part of this limited opportunity.