“You made this?” she squealed, her lips wrapped around the fork, sucking every morsel from it. Her eyes danced with a mischievous sparkle as she stared at me in wonder.
“I did.” I replied, taking the humble approach. Nobody liked a braggart after all.
“There’s no way this is healthy.” she replied, taking another mouthful, her eyes still afire. I merely shrugged, a lopsided smirk on my face.
“Either way,” I began, “You’re going to have to work off those calories.” I said in my most seductive voice possible, my eyes boring into her as I began to take off my shirt.
She looked between me and the cake a few times, finally putting the fork down. She was young and attractive, and I knew some that would’ve felt a twinge of guilt at seducing one so inexperienced in life, but as the title says, this cake is guilt free.
GUILT FREE CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE
- Coconut or grape seed oil spray, to grease
- 200g silken firm tofu, drained
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 80g 70% (minimum) cocoa dark chocolate, melted
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp self-raising flour, sifted
- 4 egg whites
- Low-fat vanilla yogurt, to serve
- Raspberries, to serve (optional)
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Spray a round 20 cm cake pan with vegetable oil. Line base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Process tofu, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla in a food processor until smooth. Add chocolate and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Fold in combined flour.
- Beat egg whites with an electric beater in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Fold one-third of the egg white into chocolate mixture with a large metal spoon until just combined. Repeat, in two more batches, with remaining egg white.
- Spoon cake mixture into prepared pan and smooth surface.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Set aside in pan to cool.
- Cut cake into slices. Top with yogurt and raspberries and dust with cocoa powder to serve.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (per serving)
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Total Fat: 6 g
Total Carbohydrates: 33 g
Dietary Fibre: 1.5 g
Protein: 7.5 g