I’ve been told by many a female in my lives that the cucumber is a very versatile
tool food. Regardless of shape, size or thickness, it is something that simply cannot be gone without. Don’t think it’s only the ladies that sing the praises of the humble cucumber, I myself can attest to their glory. I’m quite fond of the cucumber. Quite fond indeed.
HUMBLE CUCUMBER SANDWICH
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese, low fat
- 2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix, low fat
- 6 slices pumpernickel rye bread
- 2 to 3 medium cucumbers, medium being subjective
- black pepper (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and dressing mix.
- Spread on one side of each slice of bread.
- Peel cucumbers if desired; thinly slice (or thick if you prefer girth) and place on six slices of bread.
- If you choose to use black pepper, sprinkle sparingly.
- Serve immediately.
6 servings of humble greatness. You too will sing the glories of the noble cucumber after this!
Ooh! So nice! I can almost sense the smell of fresh cucumbers only by looking at the picture! I will try this for sure. Thank you for sharing! 🙂