Welcome to the fifth installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed here.
This month’s topic comes to us from Mynxee of Life in Low Sec. She asks “Alts and Metagaming: Is playing two accounts who are logged in at the same time and work together (hauler/miner, explorer/combat associate, trade alts in trade hubs) a form of metagaming that is “ruining the game”?“
Roc stumbled into his bunk, his head pounding from the amount of booze he had drank. He promptly fell asleep, snoring himself into a deep and restful slumber.
“Hey Roc, you almost finished cleaning up that pirate nest?” Roc asked over the comm.
“Yeah Roc, we’re good here. How about you? Everything profitable in the market today?” Roc replied.
“Always. We’re gonna make a good profit this quarter. Roc’s been seriously busy mining, and Roc has been working nonstop on producing ships for sale. All in all, we’re doing well.” Roc smiled.
He wasn’t sure how it had all occured, but there it was. He had been podded one day, awakening in a new clone. As he left the chamber, he heard the hiss of another pod opening, and saw an exact replica of himself exiting from its womb. Then another hiss, and another perfect copy. And another, and another, until there was an army of Roc Wielers standing in the cloning bay, each maintaining an exact imprint of all their memories.
Quickly, they had divided up tasks amongst themselves, focusing on various areas of expertise. One group would be responsible for mining, another for industry, another for scientific research, another for corporation management, another for missioning, another for PVP, another for fighting in the war against the Amarr.
It was like a fantasy, a dream come true; an entire legion of Roc Wielers, all driven to one single purpose, all controlled as if with one mind.
Roc awoke with a start and a belch. What the hell was that all about? He wondered. He chuckled to himself, and rolled over to go back to sleep. There was barely room enough in this galaxy for one Roc Wieler, let alone an army of them. He snorted, drifting back into unconsciousness, reminding himself once again why he should exercise more self control when drinking.
“Hey John, you almost finished cleaning up that pirate nest?” John asked over the comm.
“Yeah John, we’re good here. How about you? Everything profitable in the market today?” John replied.
“Always. We’re gonna make a good profit this quarter. John’s been seriously busy mining, and John has been working nonstop on producing ships for sale. All in all, we’re doing well.”
John Doe smiled.
It was indeed a strange universe.
- Epic Misadventures, This is my Alt – There are many like it but this one is mine.
- Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah, I Missed This Month’s Blog Banter!
- A Mule in EvE, Meta what? Is it hurting EvE?
- Morphisat’s EVE Online Blog, Me, Myself and I
- One Man And His Spaceship, Me and My Shadow
- Ombeve, Blog Banter edition 5
- Diving into PsycheDiver’s Psyche, CK’s Blog Banter #5: Everybody Needs Somebody
- Dense Veldspar, Blog Banter
- Ecliptic Rift, OOC: Blog Banter #5 Metagaming
- The Ralpha Dogs, Me, Myself and I
- Mad Rant, “Blog Banter – It’s my party, and I’ll alt if I want to….”
- EVE Chick, The Handicapper General
- The Wandering Druid of Tranquility, “…you see mate, it’s a matter of leverage, savvy?…”
- New Eden Diaries, It’s only a game
- Oz’s House of the Evil Dead, If You Can’t Ride Two Horses At Once, You Shouldn’t Be In The Circus
- Diving into PsycheDiver’s Psyche, Everybody Needs Somebody
- more to come over the next few days!…