Just in time for Halloween fun!
I figured it’s been a while since I’ve posted a recipe so why not go with something epic like a disobedient slave cupcake topper. Look at the missing tooth! Grossed out yet?
Disobedient Slave Cupcake Topper
- Make a basic cupcake with your chosen flavor, (mine are vanilla cupcake).
- For the topper you’ll need to colour your fondant accordingly:
- skin tissue = ivory colouring with a drop of rose
- gums = drop of rose with a drop of red
- teeth = drop of ivory
- roll the skin tissue fondant about 1/8 inches thick, and by using a round cookie cutter about the same size of your top surface of your cupcake, cut a circle and place it on top of a cup or a small bowl to support the topper while working and give it the shape of a dome.
- To shape the gums, create two small snakes of the gum fondant, flatten them a little, and create the cavities for the teeth and make the dents between every tooth.
- Attach to the circle base by using a wet brush. (the pre-made cavities should face one another).
- Make the teeth- shape small pieces of ivory fondant to the shape of teeth, including their roots and let them dry for about an hour.
- When they are firm, take each tooth and push it to it’s designated cavity in the gums made earlier. Make sure to apply it by using a wet brush to stick the root to it’s place. You may skip one or two, to make the impression the slave had lost a tooth…
- Take the leftover skin tissue fondant and roll it really thin.
- Break it to little pieces and apply around the gums, creating effect a ripped skin around the gums.
- Let dry completely before colouring.
To finish the realistic effect, create a fresh blood finish:
- Mix red colouring gel with drops of vodka of lemon extract for dried blood
- Mix red with a drop of royal blue and add drops of vodka/lemon extract for fresh blood.
- Using a brush, apply the fresh blood colour mix around the torn skin tissue
- Apply the dried blood colour mix around the gums, especially where the gums meet the skin tissue and around the teeth contour, and the dents, to give it a more 3D impression.
- Let it dry, and assemble the cupcake topper on top of the frosting of your cupcake.
As always, enjoy your runaway Minmatar slave in a way worthy of any Amarr Holder.