It’s that time of year again where people make false promises to themselves and others. This year, let’s be successful together in our intentions by establishing healthy habits for our soul, heart, mind and body.
- Stop showing and telling everything to everyone. Seriously, dial back your social media. Mystery is good. Nobody really wants to know every single thing you’re doing.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. It’s been said many times. It doesn’t matter what they have, or how good you think they are. The only person you have to be better than is the person you were yesterday. Not comparing yourself to others will give you perspective on a situation, clarity. Remove your emotions from the equation. See things for what they really are and stop overthinking.
- Stop worrying about what others think of you. They aren’t worrying about what you think of them so why waste the energy? You will always be judged. We all judge each other. Be confident. Be bold. Be passionate. It’s better to live a life of “oh well” than a life of “what if”.
- Stop waiting. Stop thinking you’re “not ready”. Risk it all. Now. Take the chance. Go after what you want. If it’s in your heart, pursue it.
- Stop doubting. If it keeps coming back to your mind, there is a reason. Take action and pursue it with everything you have. You never know what direction life will take you if you don’t put yourself out there. Remember, only what you allow will continue.
- Stop being a stranger. Make the time. What you are is what you attract. If you don’t make time for those that are important to you, they will quickly stop making time for you.
- Stop feeling sorry for yourself. You are not a victim; it’s time to get out of your own way. If you find yourself constantly surrounded by drama, you are the one enabling it. You have control over only one thing – how you react to things. Let it go. Trust. You’ll get hurt but you’ll also discover new depths in relationships that you never dreamed were possible. Control your feelings but embrace them fully.
- Stop standing in your own way. How you think, how you speak, really do affect your life. Stop being down on yourself. Stop trash talking yourself. Believe in you more than anyone else ever could. Make your own dreams happen.
- Stop feeling guilty. Pursue your happiness in whatever form it takes. Life is too short for regrets and guilt. If you can grab hold of happiness, do so. Never let it go.
- Stop thinking money creates value. That’s a hard one. Money drives everything yet we need to stop pursuing it. Pursue greatness, and happiness, and passion, and everything else on this list. Money will come.
- Stop feeling obligated. Stop making decisions based on what you think you should do. If your heart cries out to spend more time with your son, do so. If you need to reduce your workload, do so. If you need more awesome in your life, call me and I’ll bring the awesome. Don’t take advice from people who don’t have to live with the result of the decision. That includes me.
- Stop saying “yes” all the time. No is a complete sentence. You don’t have to explain yourself to anyone. If they can’t accept no, that’s their problem, not yours.
- Stop thinking everything is a competition. Here’s a secret. True power is giving back, being classy, being good. True power is in selfless love. It’s quiet. It’s not boastful. It’s just consistent and noticed by the world.
- Stop trying to be like everyone else. There is nobody like you. You have a story to tell. Shout it from the mountain tops. There will never be another tale like yours and I for one want to hear it.
- Stop thinking you have to get it right on the first try. Nobody gets it right. Ever. We never achieve fully what we had envisioned in our mind. There are too many variables, too many things beyond our control. It’s learning about ourselves, our mistakes, our failures, our challenges, our twists and turns, that make us grow into successful people. Just never quit. Always move forward.