I am continually amazed by the hate mail I get after controversial posts. The trend is easy to identify. More often than not, those that agree with my position comment on the post without hesitation. Thank you for that. There are even those that disagree with my position on an issue, and will post their counter view with respect, inviting intelligent debate. Thank you for that as well.
Then are those that anonymously post via a fake email address, or email directly employing the same method, resorting to childish generalizations that have been overused a million times, or excessive swearing, poor grammer, often presenting illogical and ridiculous arguments.
Have some balls.
- 10 dates
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (optional)
- coconut flakes (optional)
- raw cashews (optional)
- goji berries (optional)
- dried cranberries (optional)
- Place the dates in a bowl.
- Soak the dates for an hour if you’re thinking ahead in room temperature water. If you’re in a hurry, use hot water. The idea is to make the dates soft so you can easily blend them into a paste.
- Ground the nuts in a food processor or strong blender.
- (optional) Add the cocoa powder to the ground nuts.
- Blend the nuts and cocoa powder together.
- Add the dates to the mixture. Add a little water.
- Blend until they look like a messy paste that could kneaded into the shape of balls.
- Shape them into balls.
- (optional) sprinkle coconut flakes on top of the balls.
- (optional) sprinkle additional cocoa powder on top of the balls.
- (optional) add a raw cashew to each ball or a goji berry or a cranberry. The possibilities are limitless!
Now some words of advice. Don’t eat them fast, especially if you sprinkled more cocoa on top. They will be very rich. Savour the balls. Enjoy the balls.
Suck the balls.