When the going gets tough, the tough call for Drakes.
In case you didn’t know, I’m Canadian, eh. This coming weekend is Thanksgiving. Since I was a child, I was always taught to give thanks out loud for the many blessings in my life.
I am thankful this year for:
- My health – These last few years have been a stuggle, but it seems I finally have my health in order.
- My career – I am fortunate to have such a wonderful position of employ. I enjoy my boss, my coworkers, and what I do for money in this world.
- My loving girlfriend – Her support, her patience, her tolerance of my passions and hobbies that consume so much of my time. She is an incredible partner, and she even reads my blog!
- My best friend – Even though he died earlier this year, he is someone I am thankful for. The enrichment and joy he brought to my life are something I cherish daily with all my heart, and always will. I miss you terribly buddy. I am thankful you are at peace.
- My family – Aren’t we all dysfunctional? And even though we don’t get together as often as we want, or talk as often as we should, we are always there for each other when needed.
- God – I saved God for last because honestly, without Him, none of the above would even be possible.
As Roc Wieler, I am thankful for:
- Corps – The continued support and encouragement of the corporations I have belonged to. Each one has been nothing but pleasant. Freeform Industries, the corp I belong to now, is perhaps among the best for this; their steady encouragement, support, and belief in all I can do is the foundation upon which I build my reputation.
- CCP – Having come from other games, I have found CCP’s approach to our galaxy refreshing over the last two years.
- Mynxee – I am thankful for my Hellcat panties available HERE
- The Market – Without having been introduced to this wonderful tool, I never would’ve discovered the incredible source of income that sustains my war efforts.
- PyjamaSam – Though his name makes me cringe in carebear-ism, he is a great developer, and friend. He has been instrumental in seeing my dream come to fruition, and adding things to it I never would have thought possible. Thanks Sam, for walking into my life.
- My fans – Whether it’s been my blog, my 3D artwork, Capsuleer, our even my fleet commanding, I have been fortunate enough to have many who believe in me. While it’s a big responsibility, it’s a source of strength. Thank you.
And to show you just how very thankful Sam and I are, we’ve discussed it at length, and have a special treat for you below.
It’s a “sneak peek” of the Main Menu interface redesign for Capsuleer v1.1. It is also featured in EVE-Mag’s interview with us, which I think is a good read. I’m biased of course. Find the article HERE
Some things I would like to address about the image below:
- Initially, I wanted to release all main level categories, as we have finalized those. Sam, in his infinite wisdom, has pointed out that we really shouldn’t play our endgame, giving our competitors a distinct advantage over us. So, you see blank icons. Each release there will be one additional faded icon with imagery in it, to show you what is coming in the next release. That isn’t in this image.
- The reason for this redesign of the application is that it gives us a lot of freedom. We can add as many main level items as needed, and each main level item can have its own sublevel menu if needed. It really opens up the possibilities for the application, and I find that exciting.
Finally, I just want to encourage my readers to please comment on what you are thankful for. I read every single comment on my blog, and though I don’t always reply, I am always thankful for you taking the time to read my ramblings.