I wanted to thank you for all your fitness and nutrition tips. I’ve been trying really hard to follow your exercise and eating programs, but I find it takes too long to prepare food or to complete your workouts. What can I do that doesn’t take any time and effort?
It amazes me just how good we are at making excuses for everything, including our health. There are 5 minute workouts out there that would crush us both. There are 5 minute recipes that can keep us healthy and strong. If even five minutes is too much “time and effort”, there is a very big part of me that wants to say “Then do nothing; that’s what got into this state in the first place”, but I will not.
Instead, I’ll do you one better.
60 Second Protein Cup Cake
- 30 grams of whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon 100% cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 packets sweetener
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin or applesauce (your choice!)
- 1 egg white
- In a microwavable mug, place the protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sweetener.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the egg white and pumpkin or applesauce so that you end up with a thick batter.
- Microwave for 60 seconds.
- Use a knife to gently loosen the cake from the mug.
- Place the mug upside down on a plate and let the cake slide out.
- Cut in half and fill with desired toppings like peanut butter, greek yogurt (30g of protein per serving!!!), or any other healthy choice.
Enjoy. Stay strong. Work hard.