Welcome to the eighth installment of the EVE Blog Banter , the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed here . Check out otherEVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!
This month’s topic comes to us from me, Ga’len at The Wandering Druid of Tranquility. He asks: “What new game mechanic or mechanics would you like to see created and brought into the EVE Online universe and how would this be incorporated into the current game universe? Be specific and give details, this is not meant to be a ‘nerf this, boost my game play’ post like we see on the EVE forums.”
“Fire again!” I barked over the comm system of my Loki class Strategic cruiser, the Onslaught, my weapons teams complying with practiced discipline. A direct hit to their engine array, I smiled to myself from within my pod, satisfied. That ship wouldn’t be going anywhere now. I urged Aura to release the stasis webbifier, saving us capacitor, and zeroed in on the crippled ship. It’s velocity was nearing zero now with no engines. I kept the warp scrambler locked just in case. Next subsystem I would target would be their communications array, disabling them from calling for help. I probably should’ve done that first, but they had positioned themselves in such a way as to make their engines far too tempting. I cycled through until I locked on their comm array, then released a salvo of missles; another direct hit, this time for maximum damage. Their array sheared away from the ship gloriously. They were helpless before me.
I locked onto the with a focused transmission laser and hailed them. “This is Colonel Roc Wieler of the Tribal Liberation Force. You are suspect of pirating and have been disabled. If you surrender now, no harm will come to you and your crew; if you resist further, we will board your ship.” I waited patiently for their captain’s reply.
“We will never surrender to tyranny.” an angry voice hissed back at me. I closed the comm laser, and chose a boarding party to board the ship. We would have to disable their weapons systems before sending the assault shuttle across.
By the time the boarding team had prepped and was ready for the incursion, the battlecruiser before us had been completely disabled, truly helpless before us.
I watched as the assault shuttle crossed the distance between us, thinking to myself, I hope most of them come back. They’re experienced, and I’d to have to replace them with rooks. Crews had gotten expensive lately; but to be fair, a skilled crew could make all the difference between life and death in the void. I had even purchased some upgraded crew quarters and training facilities for my staff, and it had paid off well, worth every isk invested.
The assault shuttle docked, and the boarding party advanced.
- Targettable subsystems that adveserly affect a ship when destroyed.
- Hireable crews that grant bonuses to a ship based on expertise and experience.
Of course, like most people, I also want to see the following one day:
- Ambulation with PVP
- Ground vehicle PVP
- Atmospheric flight
- Planetary cities we can interact within.
- Moon and asteroid based POSes.
- CrazyKinux’s Musing, EVE Blog Banter #8: Care for a little game of SecWars?
- The Wandering Druid of Tranquility, Wow, that new thing is so shiny!!!
- I am Keith Nielson, EVE Blog Banter #8 – Return of the Top Gun
- Once More from the Beginning, 8th EVE Blog Banter May 2009 Edition
- A merry life and a short one, EVE Blog Banter #8: In the Year of Our Awesome
- Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah, Planets
- Helicity Boson, Bantering the blog
- Achernar, Unique adventures
- Ecliptic Rift, OOC: EVE Blog Banter 8: Standings and secondary factions
- The New Edener, EVE Blog Banter #8
- Journey to New Eden, Eve Blog Banter #8: What new mechanic should be added to Eve?
- Life, The Universe and Everything, Blog banter 8: mentorship
- EVE Guru, EBB 8: Yarr! Prepare to be boarded!
- The Ralpha Dogs, Greed Is Good, Greed Works
- Rifter Drifter, Blog Banter 8: Strategic Gunnery
- A Mule in EVE, Expanding EVE
- Letrange’s EvE Blog, 8th Blog Banter
- Roc’s Ramblings, Blog Banter #8
- The Nude Nerd, Blog Banter #8
- Scop’s Log, Blog Banter #8: “We’re caught in a tractor beam! It’s pulling us in!”
- Speed Fairy, EVE Blog Banter #8: Charisma Tanking
- Industrialist with Teeth, EVE Blog Banter #8: It’s Like Tetris for OCD People
- Diary of a Pod Pilot, EVE blog banter #8: Killing in the name of
- Talk Unfraid, Physical Communications
- More to come…